×

Notice

Google Geocoding API error: The request was denied.

Ursula Mann-Sandifer, Sandman’s Restaurant 1925

Completed: 2004 Project Cost: $203,000

Project Description

This former Standard Oil Company service station, constructed in 1952, was one of many stations that were located along Wealthy Street in the post-World War II decades.  The station closed in 1979.  It was subsequently used for storage until becoming vacant in the late 1990s. Its rehabilitation into Sandmann's Restaurant was featured in the National Park Service Preservation Brief #46 "The Preservation and Reuse of Historic Gas Stations".

Tax Credit

  • State Historic Preservation Tax Credit Application
  • Federal Historic Preservation Tax Credit Application

Awards/Recognition

  • Rehabilitation featured in National Park Service Preservation Brief 46, “The Preservation and Reuse of Historic Gas Stations”

Location:

1200 Wealthy Street SE, Grand Rapids, MI